Welcome to the GC1 Writing blog!

Welcome GC1 students and other visitors. This is a graduate course for writing at the Osaka YMCA International College. Students will be adding short pieces of writing to this blog throughout the semester based on what they will be learning from the textbook, Significant Scribbles.

Please feel free to add comments and positive words to encourage each other to become fluent and accurate writers!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Let's enjoy under a moon



When I was student in Kansai-University, I often listened Blackmore’s Night songs.

The title is “Under A Violet Moon”, one of the popular songs of Blackmore’s Night. The band is composed of these members…Candice Night: vocal, whistle, Richie Blackmore: Guitars and other instruments and other members. This band plays many kind of music like Middle Ages Europe songs, rock and Deep purple and Rainbow songs{ Richie Blackmore belonged to these bands once}.

I think this song is about past time with good company or friend in Old Ages Europe. There are nights, fortune teller and more in this lyric. When I listen to this song, I feel another fantastic, visionary world far from Japan. I like the mood like this song. If they come to Japan for live performance, I want to go to listen!

2 comments:

Paul Marlowe said...

Richie Blackmore is a guitar legend! I used to listen to Deep Purple. But now, I don't know much about his new music. This is very different from Deep Purple's music!

miki said...

I thougth this song was very impressive and deep at first. I don't know their well, so haven't they been in Japan for their performance?