Welcome to the GC1 Writing blog!

Welcome GC1 students and other visitors. This is a graduate course for writing at the Osaka YMCA International College. Students will be adding short pieces of writing to this blog throughout the semester based on what they will be learning from the textbook, Significant Scribbles.

Please feel free to add comments and positive words to encourage each other to become fluent and accurate writers!

Friday, June 27, 2008

My good partners



One of my hobbies is playing harmonica. I almost practice everyday. But I have no time because of studying English and homework, so I practice for only 10 or 15 minutes at weekday and for 20 or 30 minutes at holiday.

When I went to book store near my house in December two years ago, I found harmonica textbook. In those day, I wanted to play something. So after I found, I thought I want to play harmonica immediately and I went to buy it at Umeda. At first, it was very difficult to play as I never played it. But, getting used to playing little by little, I felt enjoyable. I practiced “Down by Sally Garden” very much at first. This song is Irish popular song and easier compared with other song. I like Irish music and often play this song as warming up now. I want to play Irish songs someday by harmonica.

I sometimes watch harmonica play on YouTube. I think their plays are very cool. I want to play like this!!




This song is "Take 5", popular jazz song. Two Japanese harmonica players play it.

No comments: