Welcome to the GC1 Writing blog!

Welcome GC1 students and other visitors. This is a graduate course for writing at the Osaka YMCA International College. Students will be adding short pieces of writing to this blog throughout the semester based on what they will be learning from the textbook, Significant Scribbles.

Please feel free to add comments and positive words to encourage each other to become fluent and accurate writers!

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

TV Nation!

Three of my favorite TV shows are Six Feet Under, Seinfeld, and the Simpsons. Six Feet Under is a show about a family that owns a funeral service business. They help families deal with the loss of their loved ones while losing people in their lives too.



Seinfeld is a comedy show about some friends living in New York City. Every show, something strange is always happening with the characters involved. The show was very creative and funny.



The Simpsons is one of the most popular TV cartoon shows in history. It is about Homer Simpson and his family and all the people in the town of Springfield. It has been around since I was a young boy. It continues to be a funny and innovative TV show.

3 comments:

Tomoki said...

Funeral service? I don't know so much what job it is. But I'm interested in after I watched this movie.

I think The Simpsons is familiar in Japan. I sometimes find the character goods. It's funny cartoon.

Paul Marlowe said...

Funeral service is a job where you help people have a ceremony for someone who has died. It is kind of a strange job but this show makes it look interesting!

miki said...

Seinfeld seems very funny! I like a comedy show. I didn't know this program, but after I watched this movie, I want to watch it.